In addition to this, the event has a strict rule which only allows local league footballers to participate and present their talent on a national scale, therefore academy or school of excellence players are not allowed to enter.
The Pitchero ACES Nationals team work hard together throughout the year to identify the nation’s most successful teams both boys and girls, before sending out invites to their respective clubs, ensuring the highest quality teams entering the event get the call-up.
Due to the high level of local talent on the pitch, scouts from professional clubs across the premier and football league will be scattered around the event on the lookout for potential stars.
Age group relates to season 2017/2018
Teams from all over the country enter on an invitation basis
Each team is monitored and checked to ensure the highest quality competition
Top of the league teams or cup winners in your town or city should contact Pitchero ACES Nationals
Each team selected will represent their nearest town or city
Fixtures are drawn at a unique opening ceremony
Major club scouts will be attendance
Pitchero ACES Nationals is fully Sanctioned by the Football Association
Accommodation assistance is available
There will be hot & cold refreshments available all day
The new venue hosts excellent facilities
Riverside Sports Complex,
Nottingham NG7 2SA
U11 Boys (9v9) – Saturday 17th June
U13 Boys (11aside) – Saturday 17th June
U12 Boys (9v9) – Sunday 18th June
U14 Boys (11aside) – Sunday 18th June
U13 Girls (9v9) – Saturday 24th June
U14 Girls (9v9) – Saturday 24th June
U16 Girls (11 aside) – Saturday 24th June
U15 Girls (9v9) – Sunday 25th June
U17 Girls (11 aside) – Sunday 25th June
U15 Boys (11 aside) – Saturday 1st July
U16 Boys (11 aside) – Sunday 2nd July
1. The tournament shall be governed in accordance with the rules and regulations of the F.A. Matches shall be played in accordance within the laws of the game as determined by the International F.A board.
2. ACES is an: 11 aside tournament for Boys age U13, U14, U15 & U16 and Girls U16 & U17. 9 aside tournament for Boys U11, U12 and Girls U13, U14 & U15.
3. Points awarded for group stage matches are: 3 points for a win, 2 points for a score draw and 1 point for a no score draw
4. All players must be under the age of their relevant age group on the 31st August 2017 (eg under 11’s age group must be under the age of 11 by 31st August 2017).
5. The maximum squad size for 11 aside teams is 18 players and the maximum for 9v9 teams is 15 players. Substitutes will be used on a roll on roll of basis, once the ball is out of play.
6. Strictly no academy or centre of excellence players are allowed to participate in the event. Any team breaking this rule, shall be disqualified from the tournament.
7. All club managers to have photo I.D for their players at hand. The I.D need only be produced if an opposing team requests proof of a player’s age or status or random checks by tournament staff. Failure to adhere to rule 7 shall result in the player no longer being allowed to take any further part in the tournament.
8. There will be an official referee for every game. All participating clubs must provide one assistant referee for their own matches.
9. There will be a draw held at the opening ceremony to determine the leagues. First named team will be classed as the home team. Home teams will have preference to wear their home kits and will provide match balls.
10. The duration of games will be discussed at the pre tournament management meeting and announced at the opening ceremony.
11. All players must wear shin pads at all times and all jewellery must either be removed or adequately covered.
12. All shirts have to match player’s names and numbers as submitted on the team sheet presented to the control desk at the start of the tournament.
13. If a player is red carded in a match they will automatically miss the next match. Players receiving two yellow cards during the tournament will automatically miss the next match. Serious foul play or violent conduct could result in the player taking no further part in the tournament (Rule 21 applies)
14. In the event of any teams being tied at the group stages, the final qualifying position shall be decided by:
a. the result between the 2 clubs
b. penalty shootout
15. In the knockout stages of the competition the referee shall decide with the team captains, the choice of kits and kick off by the spin of a coin.
16. In the event of a draw at the end of full time in the knockout stages, the tie shall go straight to penalties. 11 aside matches will consist of 5 penalties per team and 9 aside will be 3 penalties per team. In the event of a draw at the end, the match will move to sudden death penalties.
17. If any team decides not to take any further part in the group stages, all previous results for that team will become void.
18. The ACES Cup will be presented to each age group winner and a runners up cup to the runner ups of each age group. Winners and runners up medals will be presented to both finalists.
19. The referee’s decision is final and will not be over ruled under any circumstances.
20. All the above rules and regulations can be subject to change on the event day. The Event Manager will have full and final decision on such changes.
21. The Event Manager will deal with any matters arising.